You Only Need Three Kitchen Tools
I love educating people on how they need only simple tools in their kitchen. In fact, you need just three tools to have a successful kitchen for cooking. Yes, JUST THREE TOOLS. What are they?
Okay, you could add a crock pot in there too . . . but those three things are some of the most versatile kitchen tools on the planet.
And today I want to focus on the cast iron skillet. Did I mention it’s super versatile? It’s what I use for casseroles. I even cook eggs in it. It’s also what I use to make my perfect steaks. Say what? I’ll tell you more.
One of my favorite things to do in my cast iron skillet is make my perfect steaks. I’ll get around to doing a full recipe post for this one soon . . . but for now I’ll give you the scoop so you can try it yourself. It’s really dead easy. Here’s how it goes.
Presenting . . . George’s Perfect Cast Iron Steaks
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 200-250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dry your steaks with a paper towel, salt them, and put them in the freezer. *
- * “Why the freezer? Aren’t we trying to cook these things?” Well, the freezer is the driest place in your house, and it allows you to get those steaks as dry as possible. Leave the steaks in there for 10-15 minutes, then pull them out, and pat them again.
- As soon as your steaks are in the freezer, put your cast-iron skillet on the stove and get it ready to go by preheating it on high.
- Add some butter to the cast iron skillet, get it nice and…
Read the full recipe on Civilized Caveman Cooking.